"China enters a golden age of investment in Australian farms"
The AATI (Australia Agriculture Technology Investment Holding Pty. Ltd.) was established in November 2017. It is an Australian holding with a Chinese background that invests in Australian agricultural technology.
AATI has two main services:
1. The company introduces new product varieties and promotes plantation and retail. For example, the company promotes a new variety of French plums, Israeli citrus, and Japanese strawberries. The core of this service is to locate high-quality new product varieties worldwide, introduce them to Australian plantations, and then sell them to overseas markets. At the same time AATI seeks excellent vegetable and fruit products in China. AATI hopes to create brand awareness among Chinese consumers. AATI also provides off-season fruit.
2. The company purchases fruit farms to annex and integrate the industry. The AATI team believe that China will enter a golden age of investment in Australian farms, because bilateral agreements between the two countries have increased since November 2017 when China amended the rules for Australian cherry import. At the same time, China also opened up for import of Australian plums, wild peaches, and apricots.
There have been numerous Chinese companies in the last 10 years that have failed in their attempt to annex Australian agricultural companies.
The main reasons for their failure are as follows: 1) choice of farm; 2) regulations; 3) funding; and 4) localization of management
The shareholders of AATI include senior agricultural specialists and the company receives support from Australian specialists in agricultural technology. AATI also employs analysts with a deep understanding of the Chinese market demands to facilitate export to China. At the same time, AATI has extensive experience with Chinese online marketing channels, which makes AATI a low-risk investment.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date: 3/29/2018
Related News & Updates
Become a Member
We’re the peak industry body for Australian Horticulture Trade. Joining AHT helps us advocate for you & the greater good of the industry.
Benefits OF joining
- Representing you, monitoring developments and potential threats to imports & exports
- We work on your behalf on solutions & opportunities to facilitate and maintain trade
- Be kept up to date with important issues affecting horticultural imports & exports