BICON houses the Australian Government’s Biosecurity import conditions database for more than 20,000 plants, animals, minerals and biological products. It will help you to determine what import conditions exist and if an import permit is required. Please refer to the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment Importing to Australia page for more information about BICON.
Note the following recent updates:
- Change to the conditions of fresh, whole coconut and fresh, whole, immature coconut
- Changes to the management of contaminant seeds detected in imported fresh produce and cut flowers
- Removal of two plant commodities from the Compliance-Based Intervention Scheme (CBIS)
Related News & Updates
Become a Member
We’re the peak industry body for Australian Horticulture Trade. Joining AHT helps us advocate for you & the greater good of the industry.
Benefits OF joining
- Representing you, monitoring developments and potential threats to imports & exports
- We work on your behalf on solutions & opportunities to facilitate and maintain trade
- Be kept up to date with important issues affecting horticultural imports & exports