We have a network of agriculture counsellors based around the world in key trade locations. They promote Australia’s agricultural interests, and help our agricultural sector grow.
Our agriculture counsellors work with our biosecurity, exports and trade and market access teams. Together, they improve and maintain market access for Australian agricultural exports.
- explore and develop new market openings for Australian farmers and exporters
- maintain existing market access
- improve technical market access
- provide market intelligence
- manage sensitive policy issues
- represent Australia at meetings and negotiations
- resolve issues when Australian agricultural goods arrive at their foreign destination.
Access the 2023 List of DAF Counsellors Below:
Overseas Network Review
In 2020, an Overseas Network review was undertaken to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the network and make recommendations on how to optimise its effectiveness with regards to future roles, locations and the levels of Counsellor Network positions.
The findings of this review can be found below.
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.
Become a Member
We’re the peak industry body for Australian Horticulture Trade. Joining AHT helps us advocate for you & the greater good of the industry.
Benefits OF joining
- Representing you, monitoring developments and potential threats to imports & exports
- We work on your behalf on solutions & opportunities to facilitate and maintain trade
- Be kept up to date with important issues affecting horticultural imports & exports